How to care for your Unique By JCS products.
- The first burn of your candle is the most important, you should burn our standard candle for 4 hours and our small candle for 2 hours this will liquefy the top layer of the wax and help to prevent tunnelling.
- Trim your candle wick to 5mm before lighting.
- Always light your candle in a well ventilated room, away from drafts and vibrations.
- keep candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings.
- Only burn candle on a level, fire resistant surface.
- Stop burning your candle when only 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when wax is low.
Wax melt care
- Make sure your wax warmer is in a safe place, away from drafts and anything flammable.
- Place the wax melt in the top of the wax warmer. Depending on the size of your wax warmer, you may want to place 1-2 melts in the top dish.
- Light a tea light candle in the base of the wax warmer and allow the wax to melt.
- Extinguish the tea light candle when leaving the room, never leave it unattended.
- After extinguishing the flame and once the wax melt has cooled it will solidify. You can either re-use the melt or start a fresh.
- To get rid of the old wax melt you can either reheat the wax slightly so it loosens and can be removed, or you can place the burner in the freezer for a short time and the wax melt will easily release.
- Wax melts can also be used in an electric wax warmer. However, tea light warmers get hotter than electric so give off a stronger scent throw.